COVID-19 malnutrition: how to identify and treat in team-based primary care
Gain a greater awareness of prevalence of malnutrition in primary care and the impact of undiagnosed malnutrition on quality of life, health outcomes and health care dollars. Find out more and register here.
Let’s Talk About Anti-Black Racism and Discrimination in Nursing
RNAO’s Black Nurses Task Force monthly webinar series discusses issues related to anti-Black racism and discrimination in nursing. For all who would like to hear updates and to inform the Task Force’s work. Read more.
Indigenous Mental Wellness Webinar
September 22; Presented by Nishnawbe Aski Nation, Chiefs of Ontario, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Shkaabe Makwa, the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association and Ontario First Nation Young Peoples Council.
Focus on substance use and youth mental wellness in the context of Indigenous communities using the First Nations Mental Wellness Framework. Find out more.
ENT Refresher Webinar series
(Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry)
Each of the five webinars will be 45 minutes in length, followed by 25 minute question and answer periods:
- Week 2 – September 22 @ 12:15-13:30 Hrs (EST) – What Not to Miss in Hoarseness
- Week 3 – September 29 @ 12:15-13:30 Hrs (EST) – Tips and Tricks for Biopsying Head and Neck Lesions
- Week 4 – October 6 @ 12:15-13:30 Hrs (EST) – Oral Lesions: When to Refer
- Week 5 – October 13 @ 12:15-13:30 Hrs (EST) – A Practical Approach to Vertigo
ACES Community of Practice
Kickoff meeting – September 23, 2021
Connect with peers to learn best practices for providing trauma-informed care to people with a history of adverse childhood experiences (ACES) and how to reduce the negative impact of ACES through positive childhood experiences (PCES). Register now for the kickoff meeting.
FIT: A Non-Invasive Test for Colorectal Cancer Screening
September 27, 5:00-6:00 pm (Mainpro+ certified).
Co-presented by Dr. Michael Sey and Dr. Paul Gill, SW Regional Cancer Program.
Get a better understanding of the ColonCancerCheck program, ordering a FIT and counselling patients, returning a FIT and interpreting results, and integrating Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) tools to support your practice. Please e-mail Jennifer.Henriksen@lhsc.on.ca by September 24 to register.
Health Equity and Transformation Through Community Advocacy
September 27, 4:00-6:00 pm. From the Dalai Lana School of Public Health.
A lecture and panel discussion to foster a dialogue on health equity relating to community advocacy and engagement, and community-level work. Register here.
Child and Adolescent Health: Best Evidence for Preventive Care
September 27 and 28. From OCFP.
Module 1: Putting prevention into practice for school-age children
- Describe up-to-date evidence-based preventive care recommendations for school-age children.
- Identify preventive care resources and patient information to use in clinical practice
- Provide appropriate screening and counselling for the school-age child.
- Discuss issues of consent and confidentiality, immunization strategies and pain reduction, and vaccine hesitancy.
Module 2: Implementing best evidence and practical solutions for adolescent health challenges
- Develop approaches to the reticent adolescent patient
- Describe up-to-date evidence-based preventive care recommendations for school-age children and adolescents.
- Identify preventive care resources and patient information to use in clinical practice.
- Screen for mental health issues, substance use and addictions and provide appropriate screening and counselling for the sexually active adolescents
Wisdom in Wound Care Webinar Series: Nutrition and Wound Management
Hosted by RNAO and facilitated by Ontario wound care experts.
This series covers best practices in relation to acute and chronic wound prevention, assessment and treatment. September’s webinar topic is nutrition and wound management. Find out more.
OMD Digital Health and Virtual Care Day
September 30, 2021
This virtual day will focus on leveraging digital health and virtual care tools to complement the in-person delivery of patient care. Find out more here.
Identify opportunities on how to “practice wisely”, with a focus on ordering tests and imaging wisely, shared decision making, over-diagnosis, cancer screening, de-prescribing using the latest evidence and tools from diverse sources. Learn how to access reliable, curated, and renewable online resources for an evidence-informed practice supporting individualized patient-care.
Respiratory Health Forum
October 13, 2021
Free learning and networking opportunities for people passionate about lung health in primary care. Sign up here to be notified when registration opens.
Tapering And Stopping Opioids
October 19, 2021, 12:00-1:00 PM EST.
Dr. Andrea Furlan summarizes 10 years of experience of the pain clinic at Toronto Rehab UHN where she works with an interprofessional team to help patients come off long term opioid therapy for chronic non-cancer pain. Register here.
2021 Trillium Primary Health Care Research Day
October 15, 2021
FREE specialized training and supplies for people likely to encounter an opioid overdose
Heart to Heart CPR has completed Phase 1 of their “Peer Support Responder” program that provides free advanced overdose training and protective equipment for people most likely to encounter, witness or experience opioid poisoning. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
Virtual Care Privacy and Security Training
Training is available online from OMD – click here for details.
Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
A rolling series of interactive modules and group learning that addresses the need for increased Indigenous cultural safety within the system. It brings to light the service provider bias and the legacies of colonization that continue to negatively affect service accessibility and health outcomes for Indigenous people.
More info here
Brush Up on your 18m Well Baby Visit
MacHealth has some great interactive resources and a virtual CME program.
More info here
Project ECHO – Always Ongoing and Many New Topics!
Join for CME on one of these topics:
- Addiction Medicine
- Adult Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Care of the Elderly
- Care of the Elderly – Dementia
- Care of the Elderly – LTC
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Chronic Pain and Opioid Stewardship
- Complex Patient Management (MH + Physical)
- Epilepsy- Adult
- Epilepsy – Child and Youth
- First Nations, Inuit and Metis Wellness
- Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Ontario Bariatric Network
- Pediatric Complex Care
- Pediatric Obesity Management
- Pediatric Pain
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- Skin and Wound
- Trans and Gender Diverse Health Care