Special Healthcare Provider Webinar about Blacklegged Ticks and Lyme Disease
Tuesday, May 3
Dr. Alex Summers from MLHU will review tick identification and Lyme disease testing, diagnosis and treatment, and take your questions. This is part of their regularly scheduled webinar. Click here to join.
35th Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day
Wednesday, May 4 (virtual)
8:00 am-12:05 pm
Hosted by the Division of Geriatric Medicine Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry Western University in collaboration with St. Joseph’s Health Care London. Register here.
30th Annual Clinical Day in Family Medicine
Wednesday, May 11 (in person if COVID requirements permit)
Four Points by Sheraton, 1150 Wellington Rd. S., London
Sponsored by the Citywide Department of Family Medicine, LHSC, St. Joseph’s and the Department of Family Medicine, Western University. Register at: https://conference.has.uwo.ca/Register/default.aspx?code=C001112
Family Medicine Connections: Hospital and Community (Schulich)
June 1, 7:45-8:30 am
Meeting URL: https://westernuniversity.zoom.us/j/94392724770
Meeting ID: 943 9272 4770
Grand Rounds in Family Medicine (Schulich): These Hormones are not Normal
June 1, 8:30-9:30 am
Meeting URL: https://westernuniversity.zoom.us/j/96309190239
Meeting ID: 963 0919 0239
Primary Care Obstetrics Grand Rounds
Ongoing education opportunities
Indigenous Health training opportunities
- Indigenous Primary Health Care Council launches Anishinaabe Mino’Ayaawin – People In Good Health training program. Foundations of Indigenous Cultural Safety is the first course being released, and is created for individuals in the healthcare system to learn the importance of adopting culturally safe and appropriate practices when serving Indigenous clients and patients. The information and curriculum are accompanied by tools, resources, assessments and checklists so that individuals are better equipped to respond and provide culturally safe care. Learn more here.
- Indigenous Relationships and Cultural Safety online training, Cancer Care Ontario. More info here.
- Indigenous Cultural Safety Training offered by San’yas: a rolling series of interactive modules and group learning that addresses the need for increased Indigenous cultural safety within the system. It brings to light the service provider bias and the legacies of colonization that continue to negatively affect service accessibility and health outcomes for Indigenous people. More info here
Mainpro+® Self-Study Program for Physicians: Understanding Quality Standards Programming in Primary Care
Earn CME credits by reading quality standards relevant to primary care. This one-credit-per-hour Self-Learning program has been certified by the CFPC Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 48.75 credits. To learn more or to enroll in the program, contact: UnderstandQS@ontariohealth.ca.
Free online CPD course – safer, more inclusive STBBI care
Online course, 4 hours
From the Canadian Public Health Association – Provide safer, more inclusive carefor sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections – a free online CPD course for family physicians and other clinical care providers. Explores the stigma and discrimination often encountered by patients seeking treatment for sexual health, substance use or STBBIs.
FREE specialized training and supplies for people likely to encounter an opioid overdose
Heart to Heart CPR has completed Phase 1 of their “Peer Support Responder” program that provides free advanced overdose training and protective equipment for people most likely to encounter, witness or experience opioid poisoning. Email email@example.com to secure your spot.
Virtual Care Privacy and Security Training
Training is available online from OMD – click here for details.
Brush Up on your 18m Well Baby Visit
MacHealth has some great interactive resources and a virtual CME program.
More info here
Project ECHO – Always Ongoing and Many New Topics!
Join for CME on one of these topics:
- Addiction Medicine
- Adult Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Care of the Elderly
- Care of the Elderly – Dementia
- Care of the Elderly – LTC
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Chronic Pain and Opioid Stewardship
- Complex Patient Management (MH + Physical)
- Epilepsy- Adult
- Epilepsy – Child and Youth
- First Nations, Inuit and Metis Wellness
- Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Ontario Bariatric Network
- Pediatric Complex Care
- Pediatric Obesity Management
- Pediatric Pain
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- Skin and Wound
- Trans and Gender Diverse Health Care