Flu Clinic Town Hall with Drs. Mario Elia and Alex Summers
Hosted by the London Middlesex Primary Care Alliance on October 21, 2020.
Dr. Mario Elia, a family physician in London, and Dr. Alex Summers, Associate Medical Officer of Health, Middlesex-London Health Unit, and 80+ participants discuss how primary care offices can safely organize flu clinics during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Slides are available here — full recording is available below:
From Middlesex London Health Unit (September 15, 2020):
- The Ministry of Health has not yet stated when the 2020/2021 influenza vaccine(s) will be available.
- The influenza vaccine will be available at participating pharmacies in London Middlesex; however, the administration of the Influenza vaccine will mostly be done by primary care providers.
- MLHU’s immunization clinic at its Citi Plaza and Strathroy offices will continue to offer the influenza vaccine for those who cannot receive it elsewhere (i.e., for those who have no Ontario Health Card).
- Guidance for influenza vaccine delivery in the presence of COVID-19 – National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- Public Health Ontario Grand Rounds – September 22, 2-3 pm: The 2020-21 Influenza Season – Hope for the best, plan for the worst (repeat presentation)