From LHSC: Introducing Ocean eReferral – Enhance Your Referral Process Today!
In February 2023, the Division of General Surgery at London Health Sciences went live with Ocean eReferral for Hernia (umbilical/inguinal), Gallbladder, and Colonoscopy referrals. This revolutionary system, compatible with most EMRs, allows primary care providers and specialists to initiate electronic referrals seamlessly and securely.
We encourage you to register and send referrals with Ocean eReferral, free of charge, to experience an efficient and patient-centred referral process.
Registration is simple:
Complete the registration form and submit for onboarding support ateReferral (Ontario eServices Program). Wait time to registration can vary between 3-8 weeks depending on the EMR integration required.
Key Advantages of Ocean eReferral:
- Secure transmission of patient health information, exceeding traditional fax standards.
- Enhanced physician-patient communication with automatic email updates throughout the referral process.
- Patient empowerment through direct appointment confirmation via email, reducing the need for calls.
- Enhanced tracking and management of referrals.
- Seamless integration with major EMRs, including OSCAR, Telus PS and Accuro.
For assistance or inquiries:
- Email: eReferral@ehealthce.ca
- Website: eReferral – eHealth Centre of Excellence
- Comprehensive list of providers using Ocean eReferral: Ocean Healthmap
We look forward to supporting you through this transition and witnessing the positive impact of this innovative solution.