This new process is designed to consistently address urgent requests for PPE across the Ontario Health West Region.
NON-URGENT PPE needs (i.e., running low but not critical)
- Go through usual vendors to obtain
- Access local donations. If unable to obtain, then…
- Submit a request to the Ontario Health West Portal
URGENT PPE shortages
- Submit your request through the Ontario Health West Portal to the local London Middlesex PPE Hub.
- A three-day supply of PPE will be provided based on availability of supply.
- Since our Hub is also storing a limited supply of donated PPE, the Hub volunteers will contact you immediately if donated supply is available.
- Please note: the London Middlesex PPE Hub Volunteers will do their best to ensure that you do not run out of PPE.
If you receive a response saying “request declined”
The ‘declined’ message is for internal inventory communication that allows the central virtual warehouse to track inventory that needs to be sent to the Hub. You will still receive a supply of PPE (based on availability — either purchased or donated).
Mandatory Reporting of PPE Inventory to MOHLTC
Physician offices and any organizations providing health care or social services requiring PPE must report their inventory levels daily to the Ministry of Health.
Please use the Ontario PPE Survey (Password: PPEsurvey2020) following these instructions.
Reporting of PPE to the OMA
The OMA is asking physician offices to continue to respond regularly to the OMA PPE Survey to effectively advocate on your behalf to access PPE for community-based physicians.
Community PPE Donations
Please direct any donated PPE supplies to Janet Dang, Primary Care Transformation Lead at email@example.com to ensure it becomes part of the “Donated PPE Supply” for community providers.
From Ontario Health West
Read the full communication on the new process and ordering system from Ontario Health West Region.