The Immunizer role is a staff member that reports to the Supervisor, COVID-19 Clinical Services.
- Draw-up and administer COVID-19 vaccines to clients within the community and at MLHU vaccine clinics;
- Assist and follow the informed consent process for administering vaccines;
- Respond to questions from clients who fail the screening, are not eligible for immunization based on the criteria or who have contraindications;
- Ensure the cold chain of the COVID-19 vaccine is maintained and monitors vaccine inventory;
- Monitor for reactions post-immunization and manage any adverse effects following immunizations as required;
- Undertake and participate in any training required as identified by the Supervisor;
- Maintain client confidentiality and ensure that all information is collected in accordance with Middlesex-London Health Unit policy and privacy legislation;
- Utilize evidence-informed practice;
- Transport, lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 15 lbs.;
- Comply with workplace safety policies and procedures including PPE requirements; and,
- Other duties as required.
The Immunizer role may be comprised of staff in the following professions:
- Registered Nurses
- Regulated Health Professionals