We are committed to sharing all the information available that can help you decide when to sign up with Western Ontario Health.
- Earn Mainpro+ credits for work and/or engagement with OHTs
- OCFP position on OHTs
- Ministry of Health documents
- Road map for OHTs – Ontario Primary Care Council
- Additional resources (OMA, Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario, and more)
Earn Mainpro+ credits
Family physicians can earn Mainpro+ credits for work and/or engagement with OHTs. Read more here.
OCFP position on OHTs (courtesy of OCFP)
- For the Family Doctor: Questions to Ask Yourself + Others Participating in OHTs
- For the OHT: Involving Family Doctors in Health Reform (Tip Sheet)
- OHTs: What’s Happening in Your Region and How the OCFP Can Support You – August 14, 2019
- Premier’s Council Releases Second Report on Improving Healthcare and Ending Hallway Medicine – June 26, 2019
- Leadership in Primary Care – May 23, 2019
- Ontario Health Teams: What are they? How to get involved? – Presentation – April 23, 2019
- Ontario Health Teams: What They Are & How To Get Involved – April 18, 2019
- OCFP Response to Bill 74 – April 5, 2019
- Ontario Health Teams – More Details, Where To Next? – April 18, 2019
- Change is Coming – What Does it Mean for You? – March 20, 2019
- Health System Changes Need Family Doctors – February 21, 2019
Ontario Primary Care Council
Primary Care Maturity Model and Key Enablers for Ontario Health Teams: a road map for OHT primary care leads. It offers recommendations of the Ontario Primary Care Council, and was developed collaboratively with patients and families, primary care leads, local primary care support teams, hospital leadership, home and community care leadership and key data and analytics supports. (From OCFP website).
Ministry of Health
- Ontario Health Teams: Digital Health Playbook
- Meet the Ontario Health Teams
- Full Application to become an OHT
- A Healthy Ontario: Building a Sustainable Health Care System – 2nd report from the Premier’s Council on Improving Healthcare and Ending Hallway Medicine.
- Bill 74, The People’s Health Care Act, 2019
- Location Map of OHTs in Development – Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- OHT Handbook for Boards – Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario (AFHTO) developed this handbook to provide boards of primary care organizations with essential and basic information to support a better understanding of the changing healthcare delivery landscape in Ontario
- Primary Care Providers: OHT Information Session – Presentation developed by AFHTO for primary care providers
- RISE – McMaster Health Forum’s evidence-based OHTs, using a ‘rapid learning and improvement’ lens
- Integration of Care in Northern Ontario: Patient Medical Homes, Rural Health Hubs and Evolving OHTs – Commentary